Hello! Welcome to My Kid Has What!
Nearly 6 million children have been diagnosed with a food allergy and even more are eating a restricted diet because of other medical conditions, or behavioral issues. My own two children have an intolerance to both milk and soy.
But, I believe that they can not only survive, but THRIVE with their food intolerance! And I’ll show you how your family can effectively manage food sensitivities and live an abundant life!
While I may share some substitutions and ideas for other allergens, you should know that I am not actively eliminating any other foods. You can be sure that any recipes I create will be free of both milk and soy.
A Little Bit About Me
I am the mother of two precocious girls ages 10 and 8, both of whom have an intolerance to both milk and soy. I completed my bachelor’s degree in sport and exercise science in 1998. I then completed several semesters of graduate work in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition before getting married in 2001.
These days, I keep busy homeschooling, keeping up with my husband’s travel schedule and the girls dance schedules. And, when possible, I work here at My Kid Has What.
Where to Start
When we started our journey, I was desperate for information and answers were hard to find. My hope and prayer is that My Kid Has What will help you find the practical answers that will work for your family.
- For those of you completely new to food allergies and intolerance, start here at the Food Intolerance 101 page.
- If you are completely overwhelmed and need someone to figure it out for you, check out my Free 7 Day Meal Plan!
- Looking for recipes? You can check out my recipes here.
- You might like to learn more about my method for converting your old recipes.
- You can read these two series to hear the rest of our story. (KC’s Story or ME’s Story)
- Please feel free to look around! I try to respond to all comments. If you would like to contact me privately, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Stopping By!
Don’t forget to sign up for your free 7 Day Meal Plan! It may be the first step to improving your child’s health, and regaining your peace of mind (and maybe your sanity, if you are anything like me!)